Wednesday, July 2, 2014

IWSG: July 2

It's IWSG Wednesday again already! Whew, that snuck up on me fast.


... And what insecurity should I write about today? Hmm, I could talk about the fact that I'll never ever be published (again). Or how my friend just sent her novel into a publisher which will most likely make her millions while I am struggling to clack out a few words on my keybaord. How about the fact that I can't get past 3k words on my new WIP? 

But since none of these has left me pathetically sobbing into a tub of Ben and Jerry's lately, I think I'll just give ya'll a bit of encouragement instead. 

For those of you thinking of giving up...




For those of you who need a reminder to do their best, always...


For those of you worried that you'll never be as good as that author...


For those of you who need that extra push...




And for those who need a smile :)




Have a wonderful day, beautiful people!


13 comments:

  1. Lol. Love the last picture. Very cute.
    We all get stuck some times. You'll get past 3k. Don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a first-timer at IWSG, and first-timer at camp NaNo this month, your post was just what I needed. Thanks so much for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go through stages. I'm so happy for my fellow authors. I'm so jealous of their success. I had a great start. I hit the mother of all speed bumps. I can't stop writing. I can't start writing.
    I'm pretty sure we all go through some of this.
    We just have to keep moving forward. I can't NOT write. It may never get better, I may never get published (again). I may never make money. But, I'm going to write. It's going to happen.
    Excellent post.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I hit those mother speed bumps about once every day:P

      Thanks for you're comment- we'll both make it!

      Delete
  4. Love your quotes. Very inspiring. Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I'm hooked on the Benjamin Franklin quote. That's how I want to live life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love each of those pictures - just what I needed to get myself motivated ;)!
    I'm a sucker for constantly comparing myself to other people (not just in writing, but in everything!)...but I have noticed lately that if I stop comparing myself to my friends/family/co-workers, I'm so much happier for it :). Plus, I just keep dreaming of the day when I (hopefully) get published and I can turn around and say 'look, LOOK AT THE AMAZING THING I DID!'....ahem, anyway, good luck with your writing - don't worry about getting stuck, we all do :). Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I think you just named all my insecurities: I think I've run out of ideas and I'll never have a good one again, which means I'll never have any other books published and it explains why I can't finish any of my WIPs. But those are excellent quotes, and I'm thinking Ben Franklin has it right. Maybe I need to get out from behind my computer, go somewhere, do things, see things -- and then I'll have the ideas I need to write about. (Just so happens I'm reading about Machu Picchu right now. Plane tickets to Peru in my future perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Peru sounds great! Who knows what'll pop into your head? ;) :)

      Don't worry, you'll get there. We both will! :D

      Delete
  8. I love those quotes! I've seen the Nona Mae King one though, so that was new for me. Loved it. (and that Richard Bach one is excellent advice.) Happy writing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to say, this is such a cute post! I'm so glad to see it, because honestly, I needed that pick me up! Thank you very much for posting it!

    ReplyDelete